The tech era is already disrupting various industries and Quickbooks is one of the accounting software that has distinctive features and like any new tech invention, it also has its drawbacks.
The most common one is its error codes. It does encounter errors like error code 80029c4a which is the most frequent one.
This article will cater to this error so keep on reading this to find solutions to fix QuickBooks desktop error code 80029c4a.
Causes of desktop error code 80029c4a
Before moving to fix Quickbooks desktop error code 80029c4a, let’s discuss a few causes of why you face this error at the very first place.
- The most common reason is the corrupted file of the Quickbooks desktop system.
- Your QB desktop file accidentally has been marked incorrect by your antivirus program.
- Also when there is an incomplete installation of QuickBooks software on your desktop.
- Error code 80029c4a also occurs when there is corruption in the window registry.
- When DLL files are missing or corrupted.
How To Identify Error Code 80029c4a
Now that you are familiar with the causes of desktop error code 80029c4a, let’s move on to how you can identify the same error in your QuickBooks account.
- Your program crashes often.
- The desktop crashes at short intervals.
- Windows runs and responds slow.
- If your system gets frozen in between.
- If windows is stagnant and run slowly.
- Error 80029c4a can be shown during the installation of any program.
Since now you understood the symptoms and causes of error 80029c4a. Let’s move on to the real deal which is How to fix Quickbooks Desktop error 80029c4a.
How To Fix Quickbooks Desktop Error 80029c4a
There are multiple ways to fix this issue and we have mentioned a few below. Make sure you go through all of them step by step.
Solution 1: Reinstall Quickbooks Desktop
In this method, the user is required to reinstall the QuickBooks desktop and update it to the QuickBooks latest version.
- The first step is to opt for the File menu.
- Then choose log off or close company.
Now If you use multiple company files in QB desktop then you do need to open each firm separately.
- Go to the File menu.
- Hit the “exit” button.
- Then, click running as administrator.
- Make sure that there is no company open on your desktop screen.
- Now tap on the help menu and click Update Quickbooks.
- Select “options” in the menu.
- Choose the Mark All button and then hit save.
- Then click on Update now.
- Go to Reset update and hit Get updates.
- After completing these steps once the update gets finished, close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then click on the “yes” button to reboot your computer system.
Solution 2: Window Repair On Quickbooks
Here are the steps to window repair on QuickBooks.
- First and foremost close your QuickBooks then click on the windows button.
- Open the control panel tab.
- Hit the uninstall or change program.
- Then choose QuickBooks and click on uninstall or change programs.
- Click next and use the Repair Radio button.
- Lastly, complete the repair process.
- Hit the finish button.
After this solution, you can restart your computer if needed.
Solution 3 Run A Clean Search By Reboot.Bat File
This allows you to clean all the previous data and remove error 80029c4a. Here’s how:
- Close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Now you have to open the folder that needs the reboot.bat file
- After that, right-click on Quickbooks desktop and select properties.
- Go to Open file location.
- Now you have to select as Run as System Administrator and right-click the reboot.bat file.
- You need to make sure you run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
- Point to remember, don’t close the window folder options which appear manually because this will turn off when reboot.bot utility is completed.
Solution 4: Running Windows System File Checker
This is a helpful and effective solution for removing error 80029c4a.
- Starting with the first step, start and type the command in the search bar.
- Now, hold Ctrl + shift keys and then press Enter.
- Hit yes on the permission box.
- In the window, enter SFC/scan now and hit enter.
- Now you’re supposed to wait till the time System file checker finishes scanning.
- When this process ends, you need to follow the prompts and fix error 80029c4a.
These are a few methods on how you can fix error 80029c4a in QuickBooks easily.
Errors in QuickBooks can be pretty time-consuming for you and your business but by applying these few solutions mentioned above, you can easily take control of your work and QuickBooks.
Hope you find this article helpful and actionable.